TORONTO, ON (April 24, 2017) – Early-bird registration is still available for NCCP Super Clinic, a premiere coach education workshop highlighted by an impressive list of guest speakers and presenters.
The clinic will be held from May 19 to 21 at Ryerson University and the University of Toronto.
“NCCP Super Clinic is a fantastic opportunity to learn from some of the best coaches in the world,” said Dawn Smyth, Manager – Coach Education and Development at Canada Basketball. “This one-of-a-kind weekend connects both Canadian and international coaches from grassroots to high performance levels through a multitude of unique events.”
The weekend is comprised of four different streams:
- Canada Basketball NCCP Courses (FUNdamentals, Lean to Train, Train to Train, Train to Compete)
- Professional Development (youth and high performance options)
- Multi-Sport Courses (required for Train to Compete certification)
- Wheelchair Basketball Canada (Competition-Introduction Advanced NCCP course)
Speakers at this year’s Super Clinic include:
- Carly Clarke – Head Coach, 2017 U19 Women’s National Team
- Nadine Crowley – FIBA Commissioner and Supervisor of Officials
- Matteo Feriani – Head Coach, Senior Men’s Wheelchair Basketball Team
- Greg Francis – Manager, Men’s High Performance
- Mike Frogley – Head Coach and Director, National Academy Wheelchair Basketball Canada
- Jodi Gram – Head Coach, 2017 U17 Women’s National Team
- Olga Hrycak – 2017 Canada Basketball Hall of Fame Inductee
- Patrick Hunt – Chair FIBA Technical Commission, President of the World Associations of Coaches
- Troy Justice – NBA Senior Director, Basketball Operations International
- Mike Mackay – Performance Manager, Women’s High Performance
- Michael Meeks – Men’s High Performance, Youth Player Development
- Roy Rana – Head Coach, 2017 U19 Men’s National Team
- Jay Triano – Head Coach, Senior Men’s Basketball Team
- Chantal Valée – Targeted Coaching Pool, Canada Basketball Women’s High Performance
Registration for the 2017 NCCP Super Clinic is $285 for paid Game Plan members and $335 for regular registration. Early Bird Registration – will run until May 1, with registration fees of $235 for paid Game Plan members and $285 for regular registration.
For more information on NCCP Super Clinic, click here.