During our Podcast, we chatted about:
- As a 30-something Canadian who grew up loving basketball instead of hockey, I’m always intrigued when I meet someone else who loves basketball instead of hockey. How’d Skeets become a basketball fan?
- Before he started podcasts and vlogs he had a blog. He dishes the story on how that blog was the result of a bet with buddies.
- Tas and Skeets started their video podcast while filming in Skeets’ condo in Toronto. He shared the funny backstory and some memories about the process of filming in a condo games room.
- What motivated Skeets to get up early every day and record the podcast? Where there ever times when he thought about tapping out?
- I talk with NBA rookies about “surreal moments” like being on the court with their favourite player for the first time. Skeets shared a surreal moments working for NBA TV that involves Chris Webber.
- He has always been loyal to his community of coworkers (producers, co-hosts, etc). He explains how the team he works with has become a big part of his individual and the success of The Starters as a team.
- Watching from home, the Starters coverage of Vegas Summer League is a fun show for me to watch. He dished on some highlights of covering summer league.
- Skeets shares something young sports journalists should know.
- We finish the Podcast with Skeets sharing a journalism idea for the future that should have basketball fans really excited.