Over the past few seasons, Meghan McPeak has become one of my favourite people to talk with while at the Air Canada Centre covering Toronto Raptors games. When I started making my list of people I’d love to chat with Meghan quickly rose to the top of my list.
Between her passion for the game of basketball and her experience as an MVP point guard in college, basketball fans should consider her a must-follow on a social media and make every effort to hear her call Raptors 905 games.
Here’s my list of questions we covered during our chat:
* You went to Humber for broadcast journalism. How young were you when you knew that this was what you wanted to do for your career?
* You were an MVP point guard at Humber who would quick get changed to call the mens games. What motivated you to work so hard while in college?
* Voice of Raptors 905 since 2015-16 season. Before that, Radio and TV Play-by-Play for McMaster and PxP for National Basketball League. What was the journey like to the Raptors 905 gig?
* It’s often said that point guards are extensions of the coach. How does being a former PG help you doing PxP?
* You’re currently the only female PxP in G-League. None in NBA. One in WNBA. What does that mean to you to be in such exclusive company?
* You got some shine on ESPN this year for the G-League showcase. What was that experience like?
* Countless times I’ve seen you meeting with PxP people from around the NBA where you’ve gotten ideas on how to create game notes. What’s that process like and how are you growing in that area?
* Who are some PxP people you respect and try to emulate?
* What are some career goals that you’d like to achieve?